20 Things I Love About Angelo Luna
Who Turns 20 Today
(In No Particular Order)
1. His compassion.
2. His smile.
3. His sense of humor.
4. His loyalty to his friends.
5. His beautiful singing voice.
6. His profoundly philosophical poetry.
7. His wish to make a career out of helping others.
8. He is not embarrassed by me; if he is, he does not allow me to see it.
9. We have an actual friendship, one upon which I can rely.
10. Our spontaneous, late-night talks, typically while standing in the kitchen.
11. His willingness to keep a regular coffee date with his father, even though he has a busy life he enjoys (as he should).
12. His encyclopedic knowledge of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (at least in comparison to mine).
13. He enjoys seeing live music with me. We have had amazing experiences seeing the Dirty Heads and Tech N9ne together, even while standing for hours in the rain in Eugene.
14. He is a great boyfriend to Maria. He treats her with kindness and respect and truly wants her to be happy.
15. His love for his family.
16. His fearlessness when it comes to engaging with Big Ideas.
17. He loves to turn me on to new music, especially hip hop I might never have found otherwise.
18. He never forgets to give me a hug or tell me that he loves me.
19. He loves and respects the woman I love, and never treats her with anything but love and understanding.
20. He is a strong, brave, thoughtful, caring young man who has no doubts that the can achieve whatever he sets his mind to.
See how I snuck a few extra items in there?
|Angelo at one month|
What do you love about Angelo? Why not tell him so today?
|Angelo at his Cover to cover, eight years old|
|Angelo and Maria, Christmas 2019|
|Angelo with Christopher and Toni at their wedding in 2015 (photo by Anni Becker)|
|Angelo, Toni, and Christopher in Rochester NY for Paul and Cathleen Luna's 50th wedding anniversary (photo by Maria Vara)|